Generally, to record the audio of a conference, conference venue’s in-house recording system is taken into action. Mostly, while utilizing that pre-installed conference venue’s system, you’ll encounter glitches and also not receive satisfactory sound quality. Despite the fact that a recording system is pre-incorporated in the conference hall, you can enhance the sound clarity by merely practising the following 10 useful tips:-
- Ensure to take the assistance of professionals while recording the conferences and seminars. In the presence of a professional, you can easily know whether everything is going perfectly or not.
- Always utilize, fit for the purpose recording equipments. If possible, try to record the seminar or conference with the digital recorders because they reduce cost, minimise the audible numbers, cut the transcription time and deliver excellent audio.
- Pick-up uncompressed digital setting- Never compromise on the sound quality merely to save some bucks. Channelize the highest uncompressed quality levels offered by the recorders.
- Take the suitable digital audio level and file type into contemplation. Use those digital files which you think are compatible with the transcription software such as MP3, WMA, DSS and WAV.
- Before the seminar, do check the recording equipments meticulously. If you’re utilizing the in-house recording equipments then it’s not an issue because their operators usually do that.
- For better and clear sound, provide individual microphones to all the prominent figures (panel members and speakers) in the conference.
- Reduce the noise level while recording the sound.
- In case, you’re an outsider and wish to record the conference, do get in contact with the organisers and ask for a conference transcript.
- Prohibit the usage of micro-cassettes and mini tapes.
- Don’t forget to turn-off the time stamp bleep.
More on Conference Transcription Services.