Reckon the following tips before you actually start conducting a focus group:-
- While conducting a focus group, if you need to produce a transcript for the analysis then right from the start, you ought to take the transcription aspects into regard.
- Moderating an information-rich and productive session is a really frustrating task. Actually, you merely have to trace whether the transcription has came back from the transcriptionist or not. Furthermore, you also have find out, is your recording unusable?
- Focus group transcription is unquestionably a tricky business, a professional transcriptionist takes around 4 hours to transcribe a personal interview.
- Now, if we take a focus group into contemplation, the transcription process will take more than 4 hours to get completed. Its happens because the transcriptionist comes across distinct accent & voices and he also have to judge which person is speaking at a particular point of time.
- In the transcription process, the more irritating part comes when the transcriptionist have to listen the voices coming from the mouths full of food and eatables. During this phase, the transcription turns a bit trouble-some as you’ve to make out who’s talking with mouth full.
- While recording, if good recording systems were used, the transcription process becomes a bit easier because the transcriptionist will get to hear clear and recognizable voices. While recording, the recording people ensure that the meeting must be conducted in a quite self-contained room (without any sort of distraction).
- In case it’s requisite to know who is talking or speaking then it not that difficult to figure out because usually, you’ve around eight people altogether or 6 people of similar sex speaking.